Monday, November 3, 2008

"Light the Night" Towson, MD

For my second article this semester, I have already covered the "Light the Night" walk that took place Saturday evening on Burdick Field here at Towson. This is my second year in a row doing this walk, and it is such a moving experience to see the hundreds of people that have come out each time to support the cause. The cause I am referring benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society which raises money for patients with blood cancer.
Since I did the walk last year, I am already informed a lot about the back ground information as far as where the money raised goes and who benefits. Before I write the article, I do want to do more research in to the history of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society as well as more research in to the cancer and any cures that may exist. I feel as though the readers of my article should be informed of this so they better understand what I am writing about.
I got two interviews from two different walkers and their own personal opinions, but I may try and e-mail the national spokesperson for "Light the Night" to get advanced information. My camera wasn't working at the time, so I wasn't able to take any pictures. I'm not sure how I am going to work that out but you'll just have to wait until the article is written to see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,
You could focus your story around one person who was walking--maybe a survivor--and then shoot a portrait of them.